Sunday, November 14, 2010

October 2010

















I keep saying that I am going to be better about posting and then a month goes by.... Maybe I should stop making promises that I can't keep :) So, here is what has been going on this past month.... FALL!!! We went to an orchard with some friends from church. They got to ride a hayride, pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, play on the hay bales and slides, feed the animals at the petting zoo and eat yummy apple donuts and drink apple cider. The weather has been beautiful here - making it really fun to be outside! We have spent a lot of time outside, playing play-doh, carving and decorating pumpkins and playing with friends. We also got to take some fun pictures with Ella and Avery's cousin, Sophia! They love to play together - you better watch out! Halloween was a lot of fun around here - Avery didn't quite understand what was going on, but she sure did understand that candy was yummy!! Ella wasn't scared for the first time this year and walked up to the doors all by herself. Both Ella and Avery were ladybugs for Halloween in our neighborhood. Ella dressed up as a pirate for her school party this year. They had a parade, spooky snacks, and Halloween games all set up for the kids. We have been to Pittsburgh twice since my last post - once for fall break and once for a baby shower. It was a lot of driving, but a lot of fun once we made it there. For fall break, we went to a pumpkin patch in Pittsburgh (Ella rode a horse!) and dragged the girls to an apple orchard to take some fall pictures. This past weekend, I went alone with the girls for a childhood friend's baby shower. It was fun meeting up with old girlfriends from high school :) How times have changed!! Kari and Lee came down one weekend for Keeneland. We didn't win any money, but had a lot of fun trying! I wish they lived closer! I also went to Nashville a few weeks ago to visit with several of my graduate school friends. I love girl weekends! We talked and ate, and talked and ate some more! I miss them so much! Whew! Life is busy, but SO fun!

(Won't let me upload pics - coming soon!!)


No comments: